DIY: HOLIDAY HAIR SURVIVAL GUIDE
Getting ready for holiday parties can be overwhelming. This holiday season, don't over think it. Check out these perfectly imperfect styles that are easy and effortless.
Done-undone: Side Braid
Here's what you do:
- Curl or wand your entire head and spray heavily with holding spray.
- Separate your hair parting from your ear back.
- Leave out about 2 inches of your face framing layers and pull hair to one side.
- Begin to braid hair loosely for a messy look, or tightly for a more polished look.
- Secure about 1.5 inches from the ends with clear or black rubber bands...ALL DONE!
For the UNDONE look:
- Simply pull pieces from the braid to create a wider, more imperfect braid. Leave the hair in front of your ears near your face and VOILA!
Triple Flip Ponytail
Equivalent to the grown up topsy tail, it's a great transition from previously worn waves or curls.
- Loosely gather the hair in 3-4 sections centered vertically down the center of the head. They can be as far apart or close together as you like.
- Then flip the ponytail upwards and through the hair tie (simulating a topsy tail).
- Repeat with the remaining sections. Pull to tighten.
The velvet ponytail is the perfect HAIR GOAL for fall. It's the most luxe way to wear velvet!
- Secure hair at the base of ponytail by crossing the velvet ribbon around the hair tie.
- Wrap tightly around the length of the ponytail in a crisscross motion.
- Secure with a knot 1-2 inches from ends of hair.
We love how Rita Ora rocked her velvet pony.
Looking to switch things up a bit this season?
These FALL HAIR COLOR TRENDS are to DYE for!